Wednesday, February 5, 2014

The Three Animals Test

Many years ago, a friend shared a wonderful tool for self-knowledge with me, and today, I'd like to pass her gift along to all my readers. I call it, the "three animals test". Here it is:

What is your favourite animal? Your can choose any creature, real or mythical. Once you have chosen, write down your reasons for making this choice. Be as detailed as you can.

Now, repeat these instructions for your second favourite animal, and then your third favourite.

Write it down. Don't just try to remember; the subconscious mind is a slippery bastard and if you don't write down your reasons, very valuable information will be lost. This only works once. If you try to repeat the test, your prior knowledge of what it means will skew the results. There are no right or wrong answers; it's not that sort of a test. I'm going to wait a few days, and then post instructions for interpretation.

No comments:

Post a Comment